So I was going to post this online but then decided to put a call out here first. I’m in a little over my head at the moment and I need some help here at my studio. It will be part internship, part assisting. Pay will depend on what your doing. If anyone is interested in working with me send an email to Studio@katebenson.com. What I would like to know is:
- Your full schedule. Classes and any other commitments you have, please include times as well as days.
- What part of the city you live in.
- Do you have a car? Do you require mileage compensation?
- Your skills! But the more info you can give me the better, if you say photoshop is a skill, send a before & after example.
- Your assisting experience (if you have any) listed
- Any references you have please include (photographers you’ve worked with, teachers, etc)
- If you want to send examples of your photo work feel free but that is less relevant to what I’m looking for.
- How long are you interested in this position?
- What equipment and software do you have (camera? Lights? computer? what’s installed on it? What versions? etc)
- Skills (of course, list them all)
What I am needing help with:
- Retouching, both creative images and high volume images
- Assisting on shoots
- Business help (let’s copyright some images together, this is a skill you’ll be glad you learned)
- Archived file management
- New file editing
There will of course be other things that come up. Right now I just don’t feel like I have enough time in the day and need help with everything. I’m happy to say that all of my past interns are now full time photographers (except one, but he’s a special case and I still have my fingers crossed that he’ll quit his insanely amazing job and go for it, but I don’t blame him for taking that job, it was an opportunity of a lifetime). Of course if you like, I’ll give you contact info of some of my past interns to talk with them about the experience. This is a serious learning position but also a working position. I need the help, which is great, but I also teach. So it is not the place for you if you are just interested in meeting a credit requirement. There are other places where you will be able to get that which will require less of you, and hey, no hard feelings, college is a lot of work so not everyone has this much energy. My last 2 interns already had graduated and that was great because they were able to get a really intense training.
What (I hope) you will learn:
- How to shoot better and more creatively (of course)
- How to edit and find your best images (we do portfolio reviews together)
- How to identify an images needs (It may look great to us but will it look great to an art buyer? Straighten this, crop into that -if your a cropper, etc)
- Waaaay more Photoshop that you know now. There is going to be a lot of Photoshopping in this.
- Lightroom work flow
- Business practices
- Client relationships
- Website management
- Blogging with WordPress (let me know how much you know about WordPress too)
- More things that I don’t have time to list, hence I need help!
So send me an email, with as much info as you can. Then I’ll get back to you letting you know if our schedules and skills are compatible. I’m posting here first to give anyone who already knows me a chance to respond first and then I’ll post online elsewhere.